Rice (1 cup)
Spinach leaves (3 cup)
Corn (¾ cup)
Onions (chopped ¾ cup)
Desi ghee/ Unsalted butter (1 ½ tbsp)
Oil (1 tsp)
Water (2 cups+ 3 cups)
Salt (1 tsp+ ¾ tsp+ 1/5 tsp)
Cumin Seeds ( 1 tsp heaped)
Red Chili Powder (1/4 tsp)
Turmeric Powder ( a pinch)
Coriander Powder ( 1 tsp)
Garam Masala (1/3 tsp)
Walnuts/Almonds for garnishing
- Soak rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Strain.
2. Boil 3 cups of water. Add 1 tsp salt and strained rice. Add 1 tsp oil.
3. Stir and partially cover with a lid.
4. Boil until 90% cooked (approximately 4 minutes)
5. Strain and leave uncovered so that surface moisture evaporate.
6. Set a big pan to heat at medium.
7. Add desi ghee, reduce heat and let ghee melt.
8. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
9. Add turmeric powder
10. Add onions. Sauté till pink.
11. Add coriander pwder, red chili powder. Saute.
12. Add chopped spinach. Mix.
13. Add corn. Mix. Stir fry for two minutes.
14. Add strained cooked rice.
15. Toss gently till mixed thoroughly.
16.Add garam masala. Mix
17.Cover with a lid, and cook till done (approximately 1 minute)
18. Serve hot garnished with chopped walnuts/ almonds!