Cauliflower (gobhi) ( 3cups/300 gm florets)
Potatoes , diced (aloo) ( 1 cup/150 gm)
Onions, sliced (1 1/2 cup)
Tomatoes , chopped (3/4 cup)
Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
Oil (4 tbsp)
Salt (1 ½ tsp or as per taste)
Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
Turmeric powder (1/3 tsp)
Coriander powder (1 heaped tsp)
Asafeitda (hing) ( a pinch)
Cumin Seeds ( 1 heaped tsp)
Dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri methi) ( 1tbsp)
Garam Masala (1/2tsp)
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (kashmiri laal mirch)( ½ tsp)
Bay Leaf (1)
Peppercorns (sabut kaali mirch)(3)
Chopped Cilantro (coriander) leaves/dhania patta
- Soak cauliflower florets in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Soak diced potatoes in water.
- Set a flat pan to heat at medium.
- Add 3 tbsp oil and let it warm up. Transfer cauliflower florets. Toss in oil. Cover with lid and fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove on a paper towel.
- Transfer diced potatoes, toss and cover with lid, and fry for 3 minutes. Remove on a paper towel.
- Add 1 tbsp oil. Warm up. Add bay leaf, cumin seeds. Allow to crackle. Add pepper corns, cloves. Fry lightly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add turmeric Powder, kashmiri lal mirch, hing and fry.
- Transfer onions and ginger garlic paste. Increase heat to low-medium. Mix with oil, and cover with lid. Fry till golden brown, approximately 5 minutes
- Add cilantro powder, red chili powder. Mix in. Add ¾ tsp salt. Mix it in. Add chopped tomatoes. Mix. Cover with lid and cook till oil is released by the masala.
- Add fried aloo and gobhi. Add ¾ tsp salt. Mix well. Add crushed kasuri methi. Mix. Cover with a lid. Cook for 7 minutes. Add garam masala. Mix in. Cover and cook till done (approximately 12 minutes). Add chopped cilantro leaves. Cover with lid.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha, naan, poori or rice.
Note: Keep tossing the veggies while frying and cooking