Whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups+ for rolling
Water 3/4 cup
Salt 1/2 tsp+ 3/4 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Desi ghee/oil ( as per choice, for applying inside the paratha)
Boiled potatoes (4)
desi ghee/oil/butter (for smearing on parathas)
Red chili powder (1/2 tsp)
Garam masala (1/2 tsp)
Amchur Powder ( dry mango powder) ( 1/2 tsp)
Green chili (2)
Coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) ( a handful)
Cilantro leaves/ginger/ garlic/ green chili ( as per requirement, for topping)
Coriander seeds (2 tsp)
1. Add ½ tsp salt to flour and knead to a medium soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Boil potatoes. Refrigerate. Once potatoes are cold , mash them to make a stuffing. Leave a few un mashed pieces of potato. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder, and pounded coriander seeds, handful of cilantro leaves, chopped green chilis. Mix together.
3. Divide the dough and stuffing in 5 parts each.
4. Roll a ball of dough. Apply ghee in the center and stuff with a portion of potato stuffing.
5. Seal the ball and roll to a disc of 6-7 inches in diameter. Sprinkle a few cilantro leaves on top of the disc and roll in. Apply some water to the back side of the disc.
6. Heat the tawa to 500 deg Fahrenheit.
7. Transfer the disc onto the tawa with the help of pillow made as shown in video.
8. Once top side of paratha gets little cooked, invert the tawa so that the top side of paratha is now facing the open flame. Cook till done.
Do check out the video for detailed tips and tricks.