Clarified butter/ Desi ghee ( 1 tsp)
Coconut Powder or fresh/frozen shredded coconut (1 cup)
Milk ( 1 cup / 250 ml)
Milk Powder ( 2/3 cup)(substitute with 2 cup milk)
Almonds ( blended and separated into almond meal and small pieces by straining )( ½ cup)
Mango Pulp ( ½ cup)
Sugar ( 3 tbsp or as per taste)
Note: DO NOT use coconut flour!
- Set a wide non-stick shallow pan at low-medium heat.
- Warm clarified butter in the pan.
- Add coconut powder and mix with the ghee. Roast for 30-40 seconds while mixing continuously.
- Add milk and stir occasionally till the milk dries up.
- Sprinkle milk powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add almond meal and 1/3 of the almond pieces. Mix well.
- Roast this mix for a few minutes till it becomes dry.
- Add mango pulp. Keep stirring and roast at high heat.
- Add sugar and keep roasting till all the moisture is dried up.
- The mix lumps together. Switch off the heat.
- Let the mix cool for a minute and then transfer to a greased plate/tray.
- Using a table knife/spatula/ hands shape the mix into a square.
- Mark cuts for the burfi pieces in the mix. Cover the plate with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Enjoy homemade mango coconut burfi!
Makes excellent gift!