Ingredients: (for 24 rotis)
Samo seeds (2 cups)
Water (5 cups)
Salt (2 tsp)
Oil (1 1/2 tbsp + for making flatbread on griddle)
Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed) (3)
1. Wash sama rice thoroughly with water.
2. Transfer to a microwave safe bowl.
3. Add water and salt.
4. Microwave at 100% power for 5 minutes. Give it a mix.
5. Microwave for 10 minutes at 80% power. The mix should look crumbly now. If need be, microwave for a few more minutes (each microwave is different, so timing may vary).
6. Allow it to cool.
7. Add oil and mashed potatoes and knead very well.
8. Divide into equal sized balls.
9. Roll each ball into a disc of 1mm thickness and 3-4 inches diameter, exactly the way you roll makki ki roti or kuttu ke aate ki roti ( check video for tips on easy rolling)
10. Cook on both sides, at medium to high heat.
Enjoy with potato curry or any curry of your choice.
To view this video in English,