Maggi noodles cake with masala packet (1)
Water (225 ml)
Minced garlic (1 tsp)
Chopped Onions ( 2 tbsp)
Chopped green pepper/capsicum (2 tbsp)
Chopped carrots (2 tbsp)
Green peas (2 tbsp)
Grated processed cheese ( 3-4 tbsp/as per choice)
- Set a pan to heat at medium.
- Add 1 tsp butter. Allow to melt.
- Add garlic. Saute. Add onions and saute for a minute.
- Add capsicum and carrots, and saute for a minute.
- Add green peas and saute.
- Add water. Transfer contents of masala packet. Mix. Add 2 tbsp cheese and mix.
- Cover with a lid and let boil.
- Add maggi noodles cake broken in to smaller pieces.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and chilli flakes as required.
- Switch off heat and allow to rest for a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with grated cheese.
Ingredients: (for 3 parathas)
Whole wheat flour (1/2 cup/ 80 g) + 1 1/2 tbsp
All purpose flour (1 cup/ 120 g)
Salt (1 tsp)
Sugar (2 tsp)
Lukewarm water (as required)
Desi Ghee (3 tbsp) + for frying
Oil (as required)
1. Mix together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and sugar.
2. Knead a dough, not very soft and not very hard either.
3. Refrigerate the dough in air-tight container for 30 minutes.
4. Knead again and divide the dough in 3 equal sized balls. Make a paste of 3 tbsp whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 tbsp desi ghee.
5. On a flat, clean, scratch proof surface, roll out a ball of dough (first with hands, and then with rolling pin), in to a big thin sheet.
6. Smear 1/3 of the paste on to the sheet.
7. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the sheet along the length in to very thin strips.
8. Roll the strips one over the other, with the help of a spatula.
9. Now roll this long log of strips into a loosely packed ball (the way traditional lachha paratha is rolled)
10. Roll out this ball into a thick disc.
11. Transfer this disc on to a hot tawa, cook from both sides and fry in desi ghee.
Enjoy pheni/sevaiyan lachha paratha with spiced yogurt, or curry of your choice, or just by itself with a cup of tea/coffee!
Pistachio Almond Banana Kulfi
Ripe banana (1)
Milk (1 cup/200 ml)
Milk Powder (1 cup/50 gm)
Condensed Milk (4 oz/ 115 gm)
Few almonds and pistachios
- Peel and slice banana.
- Cover with cling wrap/foil and freeze for 2 hours.
- Blend frozen banana slices with a tbsp of milk.
- Add rest of milk and blend till no lumps are left.
- Add alomonds, milk powder and condensed milk. Blend.
- Sprinkle few crushed pistachios at the bottom of moulds in which kulfi is being set.
- Transfer kulfi mix in moulds. Sprinkle few pistachios on top.
- Cover with a cling wrap/foil. Freeze for 8-10 hours or until set well.
De-mould kulfi. Enjoy!!
Milk (1/2 cup)
Milk Powder (1/2 cup)
Cardamom Powder (1 tsp)
Condensed Milk (7 oz/200 gm)
Heavy whipping Cream/ Fresh Cream (1/2 pint, approximately 250 ml)
Assorted dry fruits (chopped)
- In a bowl, mix together milk and milk powder.
- Add cardamom powder, condensed milk and whipping cream.
- Mix well.
- Add assorted nuts. Save a few for garnishing.
- Transfer a few chopped nuts at the bottom of moulds in which kulfi is being set.
- Transfer kulfi mix. (Do not fill to the top)
- Freeze for 8-10 hours or until set well.
De-mould kulfi and enjoy!!
*Add more condensed milk for extra sweetness.
Clarified butter/ Desi ghee ( 1 tsp)
Coconut Powder or fresh/frozen shredded coconut (1 cup)
Milk ( 1 cup / 250 ml)
Milk Powder ( 2/3 cup)(substitute with 2 cup milk)
Almonds ( blended and separated into almond meal and small pieces by straining )( ½ cup)
Mango Pulp ( ½ cup)
Sugar ( 3 tbsp or as per taste)
Note: DO NOT use coconut flour!
- Set a wide non-stick shallow pan at low-medium heat.
- Warm clarified butter in the pan.
- Add coconut powder and mix with the ghee. Roast for 30-40 seconds while mixing continuously.
- Add milk and stir occasionally till the milk dries up.
- Sprinkle milk powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add almond meal and 1/3 of the almond pieces. Mix well.
- Roast this mix for a few minutes till it becomes dry.
- Add mango pulp. Keep stirring and roast at high heat.
- Add sugar and keep roasting till all the moisture is dried up.
- The mix lumps together. Switch off the heat.
- Let the mix cool for a minute and then transfer to a greased plate/tray.
- Using a table knife/spatula/ hands shape the mix into a square.
- Mark cuts for the burfi pieces in the mix. Cover the plate with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Enjoy homemade mango coconut burfi!
Makes excellent gift!
English video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDH18Nj68s
White Bread: 6 slices
Oil for frying
Red Chili powder
Roasted Cumin Powder
1.Remove edges of the bread slices. Roll hard once in each direction to flatten the slices.
2. Using a cookie cutter, or a cap of any bottle, cut roundels from the bread slices. ( small roundels for serving papdi chaat in traditional manner, big roundels for a new unique method of serving)
3. Fry these roundels in a fresh batch of oil at medium heat
4. Spread on a paper towel for excess oil to be absorbed. Once cooled, wrap in a paper towel for a few minutes.
Serving suggestion (A)
1. Whisk yogurt, and add little salt.
2. In a serving platter, add some yogurt. Spread small roundels of papdi . Top with more yogurt, tamarind and green chutney, spices, and any/all optional toppings.
Serving suggestion (B)
Strain some yogurt. Add salt and toppings of your choice. Layer big roundels of papdi in a plate. Spread the yogurt mix on top of each papdi. Top with more chutneys and toppings.
Whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups+ for rolling
Water 3/4 cup
Salt 1/2 tsp+ 3/4 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Desi ghee/oil ( as per choice, for applying inside the paratha)
Boiled potatoes (4)
desi ghee/oil/butter (for smearing on parathas)
Red chili powder (1/2 tsp)
Garam masala (1/2 tsp)
Amchur Powder ( dry mango powder) ( 1/2 tsp)
Green chili (2)
Coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) ( a handful)
Cilantro leaves/ginger/ garlic/ green chili ( as per requirement, for topping)
Coriander seeds (2 tsp)
1. Add ½ tsp salt to flour and knead to a medium soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Boil potatoes. Refrigerate. Once potatoes are cold , mash them to make a stuffing. Leave a few un mashed pieces of potato. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder, and pounded coriander seeds, handful of cilantro leaves, chopped green chilis. Mix together.
3. Divide the dough and stuffing in 5 parts each.
4. Roll a ball of dough. Apply ghee in the center and stuff with a portion of potato stuffing.
5. Seal the ball and roll to a disc of 6-7 inches in diameter. Sprinkle a few cilantro leaves on top of the disc and roll in. Apply some water to the back side of the disc.
6. Heat the tawa to 500 deg Fahrenheit.
7. Transfer the disc onto the tawa with the help of pillow made as shown in video.
8. Once top side of paratha gets little cooked, invert the tawa so that the top side of paratha is now facing the open flame. Cook till done.
Do check out the video for detailed tips and tricks.