Corn starch/corn flour/arrow root (1/2 cup)
Water (2 cup+ for setting the sev)
Food color (optional, few drops)
Preparations before cooking:
1. Set the attachment with smallest size of holes in the sev maker. Grease the sev maker and put aside.
2. Set a wide bowl ready with ice cubes and cold water. Store the bowl in refrigerator till ready to make sev (if kitchen is very hot).
1. Mix corn starch and sugar.
2. Mix water slowly to form a solution.
3. Set a wide non stick pan to heat at low-medium.
4. Cook the solution till it becomes translucent and gel-like.
5. Immediately transfer to sev maker.
6. Make sev in ice-cold water.
7. Transfer to refrigerator for at least half an hour or until the sev is set.
Enjoy in desserts like rabdi falooda, Ice-cream falooda, kulfi falooda, custard, parfait, fruit cream etc.
Let your creativity flow!
Check out these interesting recipes to make falooda!
Recipe for Rabdi Falooda at
Recipe for Kulfi falooda