Ingredients: (for 7 thalipeeth)
Sabudana/sago seeds/tapioca pearls (3/4 cup)
Boiled and grated potatoes (1 cup for soft thalipeeth/ ½ cup for firm thalipeeth)
Roasted Peanut powder (1/2 cup)
Ginger paste (2 tsp)
Salt (to taste)
Red Chili powder (to taste)
Green chilis/cilantro (optional)(your choice of herbs and spices)
Oil/ghee (as required)
- Soak sabudana in little water overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Drain thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl add drained sabudana, grated potatoes, ginger paste, salt and herbs/spices of your choice.
- Knead to make a non-sticky dough.
- Make smooth balls of dough.
- Cut open a Ziploc bag to get a rectangular plastic sheet.
- Set the sheet on a rolling board and place a ballo of dough in center. Cover it with the second half of Ziploc.
- Press using your palm to spread it to a disc (not very thin, not very thick)
- Set a non-stick tawa/pan to heat at medium.
- Apply some oil at the center of tawa.
- Transfer the rolled disc from Ziploc on to the tawa.
- Cook on both sides till it becomes crisp and golden brown.
Serve hot with yogurt, raita, chutney, any curry of your choice or with tea/coffee.