To view this video in English, check the video below
Quick apple Pie pockets for those sweet cravings! Make your choice between fried and baked pockets. Crisp and crunchy pockets with warm spiced apple filling No need to knead!
Ingredients: For 9 Fried/ 12 baked Apple pie pockets
Apples 2 large,
Lemon Juice (2 tsp)
Cinnamon Powder (3 tsp)
Nutmeg Powder (1 1/2 tsp)
Butter (2 tbsp)
Sugar (7tbsp or as desired)
White bread slices (9 for fried version)(12 for baked version)
Oil for frying
Water (as required)
METHOD: For fried version
1. Wash, peel, and chop the apples into small cubes. Toss apple cubes with 2 tsp lemon juice.
2. Set a pan to heat at medium.
3. Transfer apple cubes, butter, cinnamon powder, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg powder. Mix everything.
4. Allow apples to cook till tender (about 10 minutes).
5. Transfer the apple mix to another bowl and cool down.
6. Trim away crusts of the bread slices.
7. Using a rolling pin, flatten each bread slice. Cut each slice into 2 pparts, one slightly larger than the other. 8. Transfer a portion of the cooled down apple mix on to the smaller piece of slice. remember to remove the whole cloves. 9. Apply little water on the edges of the cut slices. 10. Cover the smaller piece with the larger piece, and seal from all sides by pressing firmly but gently. 11. Trim away the extra edges.Apple pie ready to be fried. 12. Prepare all pockets as stated above. 13. Heat oil at medium. 14. Once oil is ready, reduce heat to between low and medium. 15. Drop in the pockets in the hot oil, and fry till both sides are golden. Enjoy hot apple pie pockets, with a crunchy crisp crust filled with a warm syrupy spiced apple filling.
FOR BAKED VERSION: 1. Pre-heat oven at 450 deg F, or 232 deg C 2. Prepare a baking tray by covering with aluminium foil. 3. Trim, flatten and cut bread slices as for the fried version. 4. Prepare the filling same way as earlier,(do not add cloves) but DO NOT COOK IT. 5. Prepare apple pie pockets exactly as earlier. 6. Mark slits so that the pockets do not burst in the oven. 7. Spray the foil on baking tray with a non-stick spray and transfer the apple pie pockets. 8. Set the tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. 9. Brush the pockets with little butter for some glaze. 10. Bake further till the pockets become golden. ( I baked for a total of 18 minutes, but each oven is different. Keep a constant watch after 10 minutes)