Ingredients: (for 4 parathas)
Whole wheat flour dough ( with 1 cup flour)
Whole wheat flour (for tossing and rolling)
Red chili powder
- Roll a ball of dough to 3-4 inches diameter.
- Apply ghee at the center.
- Sprinkle generous pinch of flour over the ghee.
- Sprinkle salt, chili powder, garam masala or any spices of your choice.
- Pull together the edges and close the ball.
- Roll to a disc of 5-6 inches diameter.
- Transfer to the tawa warmed at medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat an egg and add spices/herbs as per choice.
- Puff up the paratha when it is partially cooked, and make an opening in the paratha.
- Drop in the egg mix into the paratha through the opening.
- Let egg cook inside the paratha. Cook and fry on both sides.
1. It is not essential to roll the dough on a rolling board. You may roll it on the clean kitchen shelf.
2. You could stuff a variety of finely chopped food items along with the egg. eg. onions, green chilli, beans, carrots, jalapenos, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, or grated cheese.
3. You could spice up the paratha by adding crushed black pepper, chilli flakes, or chaat masala. You could also add herbs like oregano, rosemary,or dill.
4. You may choose to stuff in less/ more egg in each paratha.