Instant Dahi Bhallas!! No pre-soaking, No grinding, No frying!
Making dahi bhalla, the traditional way, is a time consuming process. Sharing with you a unique idea for making bhallas! This idea was proposed by MasterChef Sanjeev kapoor. A big thanks to him for this unique idea that has made making bhallas a child’s play!
I attended a party in NJ several years back at a colleague’s house. The hostess of the party Anjita had prepared dahi bhallas using this idea. She was kind enough to share her secret of super-soft bhallas. She told that she had read this in an old cookbook by the Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor. A big thanks to her too for sharing her secret!
Sharing with you my recipe that I built around this unique idea to make a lip-smacking appetizer!
Jeera biscuits (special)
Pink salt (rock salt)
Red chilli powder
Roasted Cumin powder
Tamarind sweet and sour chutney
1. Arrange biscuits in plate as shown in the picture. Heat required number of jeera biscuits in the microwave for 40 seconds. Increase or decrease the time as per the number of biscuits.
2. Soak these biscuits in water that is at room temperature, for 2-5 minutes.
3. As the biscuits soften, remove them from water. Squeeze gently between your palms.
4. Whip yogurt to make it smooth. If the yogurt is thick, dilute with water or milk.
5. Gently place the biscuits on the yogurt platter. Drench biscuits with more whipped yogurt.
6. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. See how in 30 minutes, the biscuits swell up to more than double the size!!
7. Spice it up with salt, pink salted chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
8. Pour green chutney and tamarind chutney, as per your taste.
9. To make Dahi Vada, pour a tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chilies over the dahi bhalla platter. Also add powdered sugar to the whipped yogurt.
10 .To make Dahi bhalla chaat, add toppings of your choice
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/poonamskitchen
Follow me at Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/poonamskitchen
Pin the video in Hindi at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/507851295473308092/
Pin the video in English at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/507851295459282976/