Whole Wheat flour (1 cup)
All purpose flour (1/4 cup)
Salt (¼ tsp)
Sugar (1 tbsp)
Baking soda (¼ tsp)
Yogurt (1/4 cup)
Water (as required)
1. Mix together all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add oil and yogurt, and mix in to get a crumbly mixture.
3. Using lukewarm water, knead a soft and slightly sticky.
4. Apply some oil on ball of the dough.
5. Cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, again knead the dough, a quick knead.
7. Divide dough into 5 equal sized balls.
8. Cover with a damp cloth, and allow the balls to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Heat a tawa (not a non stick tawa) at high heat (450deg F)
10. Roll a ball of dough into a slightly thick disc (thicker than usual tawa roti)
11. Transfer the rolled disc on to the pillow.
Apply some water on the back side of the disc.
12. Transfer the disc on to the tawa, as shown in the video.
13. When bubbles appear on the top side, reduce heat to low, and invert the tawa.
14. Adjust the heat and the position of the tawa, so that it gets cooked from the top side as well.
15. Remove from the tawa and apply butter.
Serve hot whole wheat naan with any curry of your choice!